Stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
Contact your family physician. If you are unable to get in touch with your family physician, please call the Family Physician Advisory Line 1220.
We would like to ask any infected individuals to notify their close contacts of the potential risk of infection.
Click here to see who is considered a close contact »
Due to the incubation period of COVID-19 infections, we ask that you remain at home for five days from the date upon which you came into close contact.
Monitor your health!
If your health should deteriorate in that period, please inform your general practitioner and follow their instructions.
CORONAVIRUS DATASET »
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Estonia
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM INFECTION?
- Wash your hands
Hands should be washed with soap under running water, hand disinfectants should be used if needed.
- Advice to wear a mask
We advise that you wear a mask in crowded indoor premises and on public transport, especially in the case of at-risk individuals.
- Observe good respiratory hygiene
If you sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth with a single use tissue. Throw it into the bin immediately after, and then clean your hands. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (the inside of your elbow), but do not use your bare hand.
Requirement for dispersal
The requirement for dispersal mandates that indoors strangers must be kept at a reasonable distance for the purpose of containing the spread of the virus.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- COVID-19 vaccination
By vaccinating against COVID-19 we can move towards returning to the regular order of life.
Read more »
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND SPREAD
- The main symptoms include headache, loss of smell, blocked nose, a cough, tiredness, muscular pain, a head cold, loss of taste, sore throat, and fever.
Severe cases may also include breathing difficulties, chest pain, and/or speech and motor disorders.
The symptoms may be very mild, so please monitor your health carefully and contact your family physician even if you only experience mild symptoms.
- The virus spreads from one person to another in the form of a droplet infection, primarily via close contact with individuals who are suspected of having been infected and who exhibit any symptoms which are characteristic of the virus, primarily a cough.
- Any individual with COVID-19 is considered as being infectious two days before and up to ten days after having developing symptoms.
- The main measures for the prevention of the infection which is caused by coronaviruses include good hand hygiene, social distancing, wearing a mask, and avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unclean hands.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION?
The main COVID-19 symptoms include:
● breathing difficulties,
● throat pain,
● muscular pain,
● loss of taste,
● loss of smell,
If you experience any of the aforementioned symptoms, please self-isolate immediately and contact your family physician. As the symptoms of COVID-19 may be very mild, monitor your health condition carefully and contact your family physician or call the family physician advisory line (1220) even in the case of mild symptoms.
If you experience breathing difficulties or shortness of breath, call the emergency number: 112.
If you have any coronavirus-related questions, please call the Rescue Board’s free 24-hour crisis line: 1247.
WHERE TO FIND INFORMATION?
The hotline ☎️ 1247 or +372 600 1247 (also for calls from abroad) to provide information
on issues related to coronavirus (24 h).
In questions regarding health, please call the family physician advisory line ☎️ 1220 or
+372 634 6630 (also for calls from abroad).
Emergency number ☎️ 112
If you have any questions, please send them to the Health Board via email: email@example.com
STATISTICS AND INFORMATION
- The latest statistics on the spread of coronavirus
- Kriis.ee »
Official information about coronavirus in Estonia.
- Travel advice regarding COVID-19 restrictions »
- University of Tartu studies and news on COVID-19 »
- COVID-19 situation in Estonia. The first half of 2020 » (PDF)
Effective hand-washing (PDF)
How to Handrub? (PDF)
- Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak (PDF)