CURRENT SITUATION IN ESTONIA
The 2+2 rule is in force in public places: up to two people can be in a
public place together and at least a 2-metre distance must be kept from others.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM INFECTION?
- Wash your hands
Hands should be washed with soap under running water, alcohol-based hand disinfectants should be used if needed.
- Observe good respiratory hygiene
If you sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth with a single use tissue. Throw it into the bin immediately after, and then clean your hands. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (the inside of your elbow), but do not use your bare hand.
- Avoid contact
Avoid contact (keep a distance of at least 2 metres) with people, who are coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you have a fever, are coughing and experiencing difficulty breathing, seek help in a timely manner. Call your general practitioner (GP). If you do not have access to a general practitioner, call the GP hotline at 1220.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND SPREAD
According to the information known today, the symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to flu symptoms.
- The virus can cause cough, fever and breathing difficulties.
- Droplet infection is the main mode of transmission, the virus spreads mainly through close contact with a person who has symptoms characteristic to the infection, especially cough.
- The incubation period of the virus is about 2-14 days, with an average of 5 days.
Proper hand hygiene is one of the most important preventive measures of coronavirus infections.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION?
IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
- fever > 38°C
- breathing difficulties
- sore throat
ASSESS AND ACT IF:
- The symptoms are rather mild or moderate - stay at home, monitor your condition and isolate yourself.
- Symptoms are severe (fever> 38° C, cough) - stay at home and call your general practitioner (GP) 1220 or your GP.
- Health conditions is critical (difficulty breathing and you need emergency help) - call 112.
- You have been close contact with a person suspected to be infected who has symptoms characteristic to the disease - stay at home, monitor your health.
WHERE TO FIND INFORMATION?
The hotline ☎️ 1247 to provide information on issues related to coronavirus (24 h).
In questions regarding health, please call the family physician advisory line ☎️ 1220 or +372 634 6630 (also for calls from abroad).
Emergency number ☎️ 112
If you have any questions, please send them to the Health Board via email: email@example.com
Consular assistance hotline (24 h) ☎️ 5301 9999
- What can I do as an entrepreneur to protect my staff and customers during the period of viruses? (PDF)
- As a parent during the period of viruses, I will keep in mind to ... (PNG)
Last updated 24 May 2020